Cocoa Butter and Cocoa Butter-Based Colourants for Discerning Chocolate Makers
The cocoa butter products that we carry are specifically refined and formulated to thin or colour chocolate. Cocoa butter is a fat-based medium derived from the cocoa bean, just like chocolate is.
Cocoa butter and cocoa butter based colourants are the safest to use when making chocolate to prevent seizing, discolouration and prevents altering your the flavour of your chocolates.
All our Roxy and Rich cocoa butter-based fat-dispersable colourants are vegan, kosher, gluten free, nut free, and dairy free (there isn't actually any butter in cocoa butter). These colours are easy to use, edible (of course) and pre-tempered.
Roxy and Rich offer 4 Cocoa Butter Colouring Collections:
- Artist Collection:21 vibrant colours with a matt finish
- Gemstone Collection: 19 colours with metallic sparkle
- Pearl Collection: 5 subtle colours with a pearlescent finish
- Natural Collection:10 rich colours that are based solely on natural pigments
How to use your Roxy and Rich Fat Dispersable Colours
- Paint or splatter inside your chocolate molds and then pour your chocolate in and let set.
- Paint directly on your chocolate Please Note: painting inside the mold will give a shinier finish.
- Use an Airbrush to spray the cocoa butter colours
- Tint white chocolate with the cocoa butter colours