Toy Story Pretzel Rod Treats
Posted by Jayden Sepe on 4th Jul 2019
These fun and easy to make Toy Story themed chocolate covered pretzel rods at your child's next birthday. These are great as party favours: Just stick a couple in a pretzel bag, tie with a pretty ribbon and you are good to go.
- Snyder's of Hanover Pretzel Rods
- Van Leer Chocolate Snaps (White)
- Cocoa Butter Nibs (for thinning the chocolate)
- Candy Beads (for Buzz Lightyear)
- Candy Clouds
- Roxy & Rich Powder Color (Fat Dispersable for colouring chocolate)
- Pretzel bags (Optional)
This pretzel was inspired by Woody's bright yellow and red checked shirt
- Dip pretzel in yellow and let set
- Put red coloured chocolate in a disposable piping bag (cut small hole in tip) and pipe red lines
Cow Print Pretzels
This pretzel design was inspired by Woody's cow print vest
- Dip pretzel rod in white chocolate and let set
- Put black coloured chocolate in a disposable bag (cut small hole in tip) and use to make random blotches to make the cow print.
Buzz Lightyear Pretzels
This pretzel was inspired by Buzz's armour and indicator lights.
- Dip pretzel in green coloured chocolate and let set
- Place white chocolate in a disposable piping bag (cut a small hole in the tip). Drizzle the white chocolate horizontally on the top and bottom of pretzel (leave space near the top for Buzz's indicator lights).
- Pipe a wide purple line where the green chocolate dip ends
- Place a small amount of chocolate to attach the candy beads near the top of the pretzel
This pretzel was inspired by the cloud wallpaper in Woody's room
- Dip the pretzel in blue chocolate and let set
- Use chocolate to glue the Cloud shaped candy to the Pretzel
Jayden Sepe, owner of Scoop-n-Save, professional cake artist and sprinkle aficionado enjoys helping people develop their cake decorating super powers. Jayden studied culinary arts with a specialty in baking and pastry at the Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts and went on to open Forbbiden Sweets where she wowed supplying creative cakes, cupcakes and cookies. Since taking over at the Scoop, Jayden has indulged her shopping addiction to bring new and trending decorating products into the store.