Jayden decided to channel her tropical vibe and go vibrant with the colours and Voila! a Fabulous Flamingo Cake. So named, because it uses the Scoop's exclusive "fabulous flamingo sprinkle mix". Not only does this cake feature the title mix Jayden also used some of our new flamingo shaped candy's as well.
- Fabulous Flamingo Sprinkle Mix
- Flamingo Candy Shapes
- Americolor Mint Green
- Americolor Electric Pink
- Buttercream 3.5 lb
- Flamingo Chocolate Mold
- lolly stick
- Powder Color (Fat Dispersable) Yellow
- Powder Color (Fat Dispersable) Pink
- Ice full cake with white buttercream.
- Colour a small of pink and mint cream coloured icing. Using a offset spatula randomly smear the cake with each colour
- Using a 1M piping tip pipe top swirls on the cake using a squeeze and swirl upwards motion.
- Fill the open top of the cake with the sprinkle mix
- Using your fingers or small spatula gently press sprinkle mix into the buttercream at the bottom of the cake.
- Melt White Chocolate Nibs (We recommend Van Leer Chocolate because it is actually chocolate rather than wax-based). The best way to melt chocolate is use a double boiler or a electric frying pan filled with water and set on low. Chocolate melts as body temperature so it doesn't need to be hot.
- Using fat dispersable colours, colour a small amount of chocolate pink and yellow. You need to use a fat-dispersable colourant because most other colours contain water and they will cause your chocolate to seize.
- Using the pink colour fill the deeper (flamingo-shaped) cavity, then place your lolly stick into the mold and then pour the yellow to fill the circle section.
- put the mold in the refridgerator for 5 to 7 minutes to set.
- Once the chocolate is set you can pop it out of the mold
- Use a black edible pen to add the eye and mouth detail.
- Stick your newly made flamingo topper in the top of the cake!